Hue-Man Bookstore in Partnership with
NBA Star Dwyane Wade book event
Limited Number of Tickets for Dwyane Wade September 5 Book
NEW YORK CITY – Miami Heat all-star guard Dwyane Wade is coming to Harlem on September 5th to sign his book “A Father First: How My Life Became Bigger Than Basketball”. The event, which launches Hue-Man's new pop up format, launches the pre-opening celebration of the entertainment center My Image Studios, also known as MIST Harlem.
The $35 admission ticket buys:
• A hardcover edition of D. Wade's book “A Father First: How My Life Became Bigger Than Basketball”
• The book autographed by the star guard himself
• Ability to witness a live, in-person interview of Wade by a media personality
• A special goody bag
As a bonus, attendees also get a sneak preview of MIST as it preps for a late September opening.
Note: Tickets to this special event are sold exclusively online in advance.
No tickets will be sold at the door
“We are excited to kick off the celebration for our brand new MIST Harlem entertainment center on September 5 with NBA all-star Dwyane Wade,” said MIST Harlem Chief Executive Officer Roland Laird. “It is an honor to have him with us for this very special signing event and I'm excited about establishing a relationship with Hue-Man.”
Wade wrote his book after being awarded custody of his two boys in March 2011. He ultimately wanted it to showcase the regular life of the eight-time NBA all-star. Part of the amazing reaction he received for the book was from other fathers who congratulated him for putting his children first during his high-profile divorce.
“To be able to host this event with another local business is community at its best and will showcase our format with style and grace,” said Marva Allen of Hue-Man Bookstore. “MIST Harlem incredible space represents for us, the fourth wall of integrated experiences for our reader. And Dwyane's book, which is an amazing story about a passionate father on and off the court, is the right story for our community.
• Dwyane will only sign copies of his book, A FATHER FIRST.
• Dwyane will not sign paraphernalia or memorabilia.
• No personalized books. Just his signature.
• No posed photo
• Seats inside on a first-come, first-served basis
• All ticket holders will receive an autographed copy of the book