CHARGED.fm is looking for a Freelance Quality Assurance Analyst to develop and Test the Quality Assurance of the CHARGED.fm software. The Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for performing a series of daily analysis and execution of test efforts of multiple product releases as defined by the CHARGED.fm Lead Developer.
- Assist in the documentation of test artifacts (plan, cases) and execution of test cases from design documentation and functional specifications
- Following quality procedures and test standards, execute manual and automated tests for multiple software builds within scheduled releases. Test approaches include client/server, white-box, black-box, positive/negative, and relational database testing. Test types include functional, integration, regression, UAT, and performance/stress
- Analyze test result, and document defect/issues in Tracking system. Proactively troubleshoot with Business Analyst, Development and QA peers to replicate/identify, and resolve issues
- Document defect/issues in Tracking system, including relevant brief descriptions of the issue with detailed steps to replicate. With attention to priority 1 issues, proactively alert QA team and provide regular progress reports of all issues as necessary
- Proactively monitor health and visibility of the QA effort on each build in order to assist senior team's gap analysis and risk mitigation
- Experience in testing websites or web applications in multiple browsers
- Relevant BA/BS or equivalent technical training and professional work experience
- Minimum of 1 year Quality Assurance experience and/or combined information systems analysis, design, development or implementation experience
- Familiarity with different phases of STLC, SDLC, and Testing Methodologies. Experience with agile or waterfall approach desired
- Agency experience is a plus
- Beginning to Intermediate proficiency in establishing/documenting/executing test strategies/plans/cases from business and functional requirements
- Experience using Jira, Bugzilla, or Mercury Test suite for specifying test requirements, planning tests, running tests and tracking defects is a plus
- Interest in work with cutting edge web technologies is essential. Beginning to Intermediate proficiency with Relational Databases, including building simple SQL statements
- Proven interpersonal, analytical, attention to detail/strategy, and creative problem-solving skills. Excellent communication and self-motivation skills
CHARGED.fm is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.