As a frontend web development intern, you can expect to learn about:
- Producing beautiful, valid and squeaky-clean XHTML markup for a range of onlineapplications and websites.
- How to create pixel-perfect, cross-browser/platform/device CSS that match the web application’s designs.
- Assisting the development of modular classes in stylesheets and constructing reusable XHTML and CSS.
- Following and maintaining our XHTML/CSS development guidelines and standards compliancy as well as laying out additional pages based off designs and IA.
- Work closely with both the frontend and backend development teams on projects, as well as interacting with UI/UX designers and developers.
- Develop kick-ass email templates that are cross-client/platform/device compatible.
We do need you to have:
- Unwavering attention to detail and excellent organization skills—this will be key to learning and growing in our fast–paced fun environment.
- Some basic knowledge of the most recent practices in front end web development techniques, including XHTML & CSS.
- Good or basic knowledge in using the Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Fireworks, Freehand.
- Good or basic knowledge of using cool web dev apps: Coda, Espresso, Forklift
- Some understanding of usability and accessibility guidelines.
- Some experience in current web technologies and understanding differences and limitations with such technologies.
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 is a big plus (also a plus if youre interested to learn).
If possible, please send (a link to) your portfolio of your best work (including your role and a brief description of the project) and your current level experience, and what it is you aim to achieve out of an internship. We value your curiosity, willingness to learn, and open–mindedness rather than your credentials and experience.